Discussion partner?

Hi all,
I love courses with Ben and really like what Rick and Mike have added to this particular course. One thing I’ve noticed is that when it comes to these discussions, there really isn’t much response. I doubt that there are many of us pouring over what others have to say. However, some feedback could be really powerful/helpful.

So, anyone interested in partnering up? You read mine, I read yours? Throw in a little feedback; toss around some ideas?

Let me know if that would work for you. Can discuss details later.

Cheers,
Mike

1 Like

what would you be particularly interested in discussing, I haven’t written anything down myself yet… but I would be up for ideas, back and forth, critique of work etc.

Yeah, something like that. Someone to bounce ideas off of, get some feedback, and show progress to.

If you consider doing this publicly on here you may find that you get more than just the single response, as you perhaps would if you buddy up with an individual and keep discussions to PMs only. You may find that useful, specifically for idea generation and critique. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed. I think the discussion should be public. What I’m hoping for is someone who provides feedback regularly (quid pro quo). :slight_smile:

1 Like

so how will this work? I assume we work on one thread and keep adding discussions to it to avoid spamming the forum?

I like that. Create a discussion and respond to it. Alternatively we could post to the lecture discussions we are currently working on and then seek out each others responses. Problem is, I can’t seem to find anything that would “Watch” a user; seems that you can only “Watch” a topic.

I just want to point out that we have a lively Discord community where there is always somebody on. I think forum discussions are great and I especially like that they can give some permanence to discuss topics over time. But if you want feedback and engagement, I think participating in the Discord server is a great idea.

It’s even a good idea sometimes to write longer or more in depth posts here, grab the link, and then jump onto Discord and share the link with people so they can cone and see your stuff.

That being said, having sone semi-formal relationships established to support and encourage eachother is a good idea. And its nicer to post when you know at least one or two specific people will be interested in reading it and commenting.

If you take the Finish It course, Rick even has some suggestions for taking this idea to another level with accountability partners.

I like this, you can always come back and revise what someone said/advised you to do in a thread. So how/when do we start this (hopefully more folks are willing to participate). Are you going to create the thread mschoenhals?

Hi Anthony,
Sounds good. Yes, I’ll create the thread and we can use it for future feedback. I’ll get back to you when I’ve got it done.
Thanks,
Mike

Privacy & Terms