[Discourse] Voting Plugin - Avatars are not updated correctly

If you vote on a topic and then click the count, your avatar is not displayed, not until the page has been reloaded.

The same is true, albeit the issue is reversed, if you remove your casted vote, your avatar remains after the count decreases.

Raised with the Discourse team on meta here.

Thanks so much for this Rob, that link to meta no longer works, did this get resolved?

My topic on Meta appears to have been deleted, not entirely sure why, not sure if @discourse could advise? Possibly because it’s similar to other reports of the same issue.

I have just tested this however and it remains an issue, so probably best to leave this open for now.

Hi Rob,

I’m not sure what is causing the problem. I’ll check it out later today and get back to you.

Simon

1 Like

Thank you Simon, there are a couple of topics on Meta regarding it, so it’s not only us :slight_smile:

It’s more aesthetic than anything I believe, the vote count is updated correctly, and the user gets their vote back to use again, the hover with the avatar just doesn’t reflect the user removing the vote, not until the page is fully reloaded anyway. Hope this is of use.

Any thoughts / findings on this Simon?

Thanks for chasing this Rob

Hey @simon.cossar, any chance of an update on this? I have just checked and this is still a problem, it’s dating back quite some time now and we didn’t hear back from you when you said you would. Fully appreciate you’re busy but if we could get an update on when we could perhaps expect a resolution to this one I would be very grateful. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much fro chasing-up on this Rob

Privacy & Terms