Disappear wheel

modular vehicle Wheels Linked Duplicate is done using Alt + D. But one of the Unselected wheels Disappears when it is set to Edit Mode. What could be the reason? can you help

1 Like

Might you have hidden it from view in the viewport? Check the outliner eye icon as you have not given a full screenshot and we can not see it.

General Q&A note
Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
Also, include the lecture time and name/number that is relevant to the problem/issue.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left hand side.
On that menu drop down is ‘save screenshot’.
Close ups additionally where they help.

1 Like
  • Use Alt h to show all hidden meshes in edit mode.
  • We can’t see how you did the mirror configuration?!
1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
My name is Raj. Actually, I am using Blender version 3.0. As a beginner, I am following the video (Gamedev.tv) tutorial exactly. The problem I am facing is at 09:48 in the tutorial called Building the wheels in the Modular vehicles section. A wheel disappears when changing object mode to edit mode. The full screenshot is attached here. Thanks.

HI, FedPete, Thanks for the comment.
Tried using “Alt H”

in edit mode. It didn’t work there either. Mirrored and duplicated exactly as per the tutorial. Don’t know where the problem is.

1 Like

Thank you for the screen dump. It’s strange.

What I find strange, it the opposite side which is missing. This is not a mirror behavior.

Where does your yellow/orange object center lies. It should be visible int the center of the wheel.

1 Like

Also the one you are editing is not the one missing!
You are mirroring ALONG THE X-ax

• You only need to make one wheel. And switch on X and Y ax mirror.

But that said, I don’t know what the exact challenge is.

1 Like

Ok I can manage to reproduce this.

It is to do with you taking two objects into edit mode at once.

One an Alt D linked duplicate of the other.
The active selection, (bright yellow line around it not orange).

Mirror modifier, if the ‘display modifier in edit mode’ button, along the top of the modifier is ‘off’, grey not blue, you get this effect, and the other linked duplicate also in edit mode but not the active selection is not affected.

See my images below.

By not having the selection showing, as mine does, it denied us some information, like the other origin point to the other wheel and the active status of the dual selection.

Now I suspect the non active selection is the one whose mirror modifier is shown to us as it has that button ‘on’.

It is a really weird one to work out! :grin:

2 Likes

That I think is key, the mirror modifier is not from the active selection.

2 Likes

If the duplicate is made with shift D, there is no problem in both object and edit mode.:grin: Really weird!!
Anyway, thanks for your help and effort.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms