Dino legs always end up assymetrical

I do not know what I am doing wrong but I am following the video second time for the Dino and the legs always look assymetrical:

legs-p1
legs-f
legs-p2
legs-s

I do not understand what I am doing wrong but when I extrude, the there one side of the foot is bigger than the other.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you see as asymmetrical extrusion.
If it fits the design then it’s okay.

Extrusion e command will duplicate all selected vertices. And will wait in grab mode to end the command.

Press x, y or z to move the duplicated vertices in a axis direction. No symmetry involved … !?

On the otherhand scaling can be asymmetrical when certain options are active. But I can’t check if you don’t show a full screengrab.

Check transform pivot point

General Q&A note

Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left-hand side.
On that menu dropdown is ‘save screenshot’.

1 Like

Also confused as to the problem. Extrusions will tend to be square on. But you can always move the verts about afterwards.

1 Like

If you are sure you have toggled X-ray on, then make sure you are not selecting with a simple click. Clicking will only select the first vertex (or edge, or face) that is directly under your mouse cursor.

To be able to select multiple vertices (or edges or faces), you should use the “select box”, “select circle”, or "select lasso "tool.

To change the selection tool, press the spacebar or shift + spacebar (depending on your spacebar action), and then hold the left mouse button while dragging the cursor over the elements you want to select until the selection options appear.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms