Different sized bow for player and enemy

^this is what I put the bow under, notice no position rotation or scale applied.

for some reason my bow came in very small? So I upped the scale until it fit in my characters hands.
Now here’s where it get’s weird…

as you can see in the game scene they are in the bow stance. In the left picture you see where the bow actually is…

I’m using the same scriptable object and prefabs.
Okay… I found the issue…

This is the root for the enemy prefabs and for some reason the root I got from Synty Fantasy Polygon Hero pack has a root scale of

so essentially its 100x smaller and that’s what is causing the scaling issues. I’m going to try to reverse the scales for the root and the character and see if that works. Or I may just copy files and scale the enemies weapons separately if that doesn’t work.

fixed it, just ended up creating weapons and scriptable objects for the enemy and rescaled them.

An alternative solution, so that you can use the same weapons, is to add a GameObject to the left and right hand transforms of the enemies and set their local scale to .01f,.01f, .01f. use these gameobjects as the left and right hand transforms in the Enemy Fighter scripts

1 Like

That’s a great idea!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms