Hi, i have some question about CPU/GPU settings:
My Hardware:
-Cpu: AMD 8350 eight core 4.0ghz
-RAM: 8Gb
-GPU: AMD rx580 8gb of memory.

Operating System:
-Windows 10 pro

My options are a little bit different.
There are two form, one is the “Cycles Computer Device”, where i can select the device,
setup01

setup00
and another one the “OpenSubdiv Compute” thath give me a lot of different choices:

Is there something to know about all these stuff? Or i must look online for them?

ANOTHER QUESTION

If i use the Cycle Render with my dedicated GPU if i switch from the “solid mode” to “rendered mode” it doesn’t give me a preview of the rendering.

And if i try to come back to the solid mode from the rendered mode, blender just have a bad crash.

If i use the CPU i have no problem, it give me a good render preview and i go back to solid mode from rendered mode without crash.

Is there a reason for the crash when i switch between diplay modes using AMD GPU?

Many thanks for your hard works and help!

The crash could be solved waiting a few minutes without touching buttons…it needs a little bit time the first time you load the GPU drivers (blender told me but i have not read it). Now GPU make the render preview correctly.

Based on your screen shots you are using a 2.7x version of Blender. Unfortunately, AMD graphics cards are not well supported in 2.7x as the developers were more focused on the Intel families of graphics cards (those that use CUDA).

If you really want to use your GPU you could try reducing the Preview Sample settings. Otherwise you may want to go ahead and switch over to v2.8 which is still in Beta. The biggest advantage for upgrading would be the advertised improved support for non-CUDA graphics cards (I can’t say it’s true since I switched away from AMD when my last computer couldn’t handle rendering complex Blender Scenes)

Privacy & Terms