Different Movement to Player

I thought to add something little different behavior on player movement. :hushed:

Please tell me what you think! Should I remove backwards walking?

https://v4.itch.io/working-title-heist-meisters

password: thief

So the player walks toward the mouse when you press W and away from the mouse when you press S. Interesting. It was a little unintuitive at first, but I once I got the hang of it I liked it. It is easier to control the player’s direction by pointing the mouse than by using WASD.

The backwards walking kept confusing me, though, particularly when pressing S caused the player to move up. I would probably stick to using W as walk/stop and ignore the S key if I were playing this.

I would also consider having the character walk toward the mouse while the left mouse button is pressed. However, I don’t know what other controls Yann has planned for the game, so mouse click may need to do something else. I doubt that Heist Meisters is going to have any shooting, but if it did you would want to be able to shoot and move in two different directions.

Nice work! Thanks for sharing the idea.

Thanks! I removed the option to walk backwards when I was doing the security cam lecture. I intend to do strafing option in a and d keys and see how it turns out! :slight_smile: I may also implement shooting mechanic to make more options to player to go through the levels. If Yann uses the left click somewhere I just figure out another key for it! :smile:

Privacy & Terms