Different Grid, HELP

I am not able to understand why my grid is different and showing in wrong place, I tried changing the grid pattern as well as the prefab with different locations. I am not sure if I go ahead with the course will further topics align to use this grid.

Thanks for help

Hey mate, It appears your underlying grid visual is off? Is this the asset provided by CodeMonkey in the course or one from a Synty pack?

If it is the one provided, does your ground object have any transform amount on it?

The grid text and the unit locations appear to be aligned, as such I believe this is the ground or ground texture being off by 1 in both X and Z.

There is a lecture that explains how Hugo changed the shader to ‘shift’ the grid. Just hang in there.

Edit
Actually, I just checked and that is in an earlier lecture: Unit Base Setup | GameDev.tv

Did you use the assets included in the course or did you grab the full synty pack? The assets included in the course have a modification on that shader to add that offset

Hello, thanks for responding, I am using the asset provided in the resources, I will re-check the shader though.

Additionally, I feel like I am not able to understand most of the concepts as it seems to be too advanced for me currently. I am not sure if I should continue with the course or do something else before continuing this course.

I would really appreciate any advice, as I would categorize myself as a bad programmer.

Thanks

All of us, at one time or another, have categorized ourselves as bad programmers.

Some of the concepts in this course are intermediate, and can be tricky. We’re here to help, but if you find yourself struggling with the core C# language and using Unity, you may find it helpful to try either our 2D or 3D intro courses. Either way, if you have any questions on the course content, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Privacy & Terms