Did you manage to compile?

Yes,but then all went south, for some reason. I do not no why, because I didn’t change anything. This was the error code

c1xx: fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: ‘hellowrdl.cpp’: No such file or directory

I have no idea why it is doing this, as it worked earlier.

2 Likes

Compilation and execution successful. I noticed that these two lines must be different in the terminal:

1. cl helloWorld.cpp compiles (with the ubiquitous exception error :wink:)
  2. helloWorld or helloWorld.exe executes (trying to run helloWorld.cpp will not work)

I have run into a problem just like a few here. it goes something like this…

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘kernel32.lib’

From what i have read from other comments it seems to have worked, however when i added /EHsc (making it cl Hello.cpp /EHsc it seemed to work better. Still didnt say hello world though as it did in the video.

Capture%202

@Pocket_Change, compile the program first with cl Hello.cpp /EHsc (as you did), then enter Hello to run your program :wink:.

Got everything up and running after a little trouble.
/out:hello.exe
hello.obj

c:\Users\jaret\OneDrive\Documents>hello
hello world

Yes I was able to make it say Hello World!
very excited o begin learning code language. first time ever…

I’m getting the same error. Have you figured out a fix yet?

Thanks - that resolved the warning C4530 that I received after compiling. The code ran despite the warning, but I was wondering if I could resolve it - your recommendation worked. :slight_smile:

When I compile, it comes up with “fatal error LNK1108: cannot write file at 0x0” any suggestions on how to fix this?

The extension is taking too long to download and I don’t know what to do?

Worked for me. Missed the part where you have to retype “Hello” to get it to work the first time. Kind of strange.

Compiled. ezpz so far

Got there in the end! Anti-Virus was preventing .exe writes so I had to disable it.

Everything went smoothly for me. Just have to remember to save/compile the file before running it! XD I’m more used to Ruby coding, so this is a bit of a new experience for me.

Couldn’t able to compile. Itgives an error saying

C:\Users\HP\Documents>cl Hello
Microsoft ® C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.21.27702.2 for x86
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

cl : Command line warning D9024 : unrecognized source file type ‘Hello’, object file assumed
Microsoft ® Incremental Linker Version 14.21.27702.2
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

/out:Hello.exe
Hello
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘kernel32.lib’

HELP!!

I got that too
can u help fix it

C:\Users\Ayberk TuncA>cl helloworld.cpp
x86 için Microsoft ® C/C++ İyileştirmeli Derleyicisi Sürüm 19.21.27702.2
Telif Hakkı © Microsoft Corporation. Tüm hakları saklıdır.

helloworld.cpp
c1xx: fatal error C1083: kaynak dosyası açılamıyor: ‘helloworld.cpp’: No such file or directory

This error makes me really bored. Please help

hey i am having the exact smae problem as you …here take a look

Using Visual Studio Community 2017 I could not compile.
I got the error

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\include\xlocale(319): warning C4530: C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are not enabled. Specify /EHsc

Then I tried using “cl tripplex.cpp /EHsc” as was suggested and could still not get the code to compile.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms