Did Future Gary break our code?

So I listened to “future gary” here and changed my code ahead of time, but now the enemies that I drop in aren’t pathfinding, and in the next lecture, they also aren’t spawning. Will this resolve eventually in future lectures, or do I need to go back and try to fix this now?

I’ve also noticed that my Prefab enemy doesn’t have the usual 7 waypoints (and deleted the working one, because we were told to), and I cannot update it manually anywhere.

Hi Jack,

Without knowing anything about your project, I’m afraid it is difficult to make a suggestion how to solve the problem. Are there any error messages in your console? Have you already compared your code to the Lecture Project Changes which can be found in the Resources of this lecture? Have you already tried to add Debug.Logs to your code to see what is going on during runtime?

1 Like

Hi Nina,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Found my problem. I needed to change the “Path” tag from being on the individual tiles to being on the parent in the Hierarchy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms