Did anyone go against the advice of the instructor and switch the mouse buttons?

I wondering if there are any deviant students.

Yeah, I switched it. Maybe it will cause any problems later on, but i feel more comfortable with a left klick select.

I switched, hope it doesn´t cause problems later.

Yes :slight_smile:
I switched it, I’m used to Maya (from another course I’m currently taking). It would be a mess if at home I needed to use one button and at the course, another one.

The only thing I noticed is that the confirmation stays on the left mouse button.

No, it is safer to go with the instructions for now and later when a bit more confident , one can experiment!

Yep, definitely more intuitive to use left click and I hear they are changing the default soon in Blender anyway. Or maybe it was the layers they were changing…

I changed it to left click, as someone else said, I also have used Maya and it just feels more natural to me. There doesn’t seem to be much of a difference. It’s just reversed. Instead of right clicking then right clicking again to confirm step or left clicking to not confirm step. You left click once to select and move, then left click to confirm, or right click to not confirm and it snaps back as it should. I don’t see this being a problem, but I am not familiar with this said program so we shall see later. I guess it is just a preference thing as functionality seems to be not affected, at least not yet anyway.

Privacy & Terms