Did anyone else notice?

Hi Guys,

Did anyone else notice that in this lecture when Sam was showing us how the code we just wrote work’s, during the health regen part near the end, when his character level’s up his health actually drops from 82% to 70%.

Now I realise that the character’s health at 70% when level 2 is greater than it’s health at 82% when level 1, but when displayed as a percentage it doesn’t look right seeing the number going down when we are being shown that health is going up.

2 Likes

For my own project, I simply set the current health to the max health in the onLevelUp event.

Thinking of doing the same but have noticed that later we switch to a display bar so might just hang on till then.

like every RPG I’ve ever played

2 Likes

It would be less noticeable if you display the the amount of health the player has along with the percentage. He is not actually losing health that is what the Clamp function is for. For me I actually implemented Health bars to start of with along with displaying the amount of health, I agree that Just seeing the percentage is misleading, even with just a plain old health bar (unless the health bar grows when you level up).

2 Likes

An excellent suggestion!

Privacy & Terms