Did anyone actually do this without video help?

The logic leap here to do Set Next Waypoint was pretty severe. I really don’t find this section helpful for challenges. It’s not even that they are difficult but they seem to require you to know exactly what the instructor is thinking.

Don’t worry, you’re not the only one. The challenges in this section are pretty brutal, and I’ve found myself spending an hour or more working on a challenge only to find out that Sam introduces a completely new concept in the challenge solution. In this section I’ve started only spending about 10 minutes max on a challenge, because there’s a pretty high chance that there’s some critical information missing. It does seem to get a little better later on in the section though.

2 Likes

Yes, that was my only complaint with that course, the last section is really not as beginner friendly as the rest of the course. But it gets you further, so try a little and don’t worry if you can’t finish it by yourself!

This was my problem. I like difficult challenges if I have all the information before hand, but some of these were Monkey Island-esq. I have a very good grasp of what is trying to be accomplished now but it’s taken two weeks. I think the content is very good but the education delivery sometimes requires more information than you are given.

Yeah I left a pretty rough comment about it on Udemy, but it’s better in his other course. He’s learning to make those video too.

Privacy & Terms