Devil Character - DONE (with technical difficulties)

I ran into a lot of technical issues with Blender making this character. He’s not as refined as I’d like but it got to a point where Blender was just stuttering, which is weird because it was only 600,000 polys. I could move around smoothly, but when I tried sculpting, it would slowly plop down one dot at a time. I tried changing my brush stroke type to space, dots, airbrush, etc, but it didn’t help. I still like how it turned out. Not bad for my first time using Blender’s sculpting tools. I will definitely be working on other characters and try to see where Blender breaks (or if I just hit a key and did something weird to break it).
For reference, my setup is a Nvidia 3060, 32gb ram, 12th gen Intel i7 processor. I don’t think the hardware was the issue.

4 Likes
  • It could be that you also using some sort of subdivision multiplier. Memory usage exploding … check memory resource monitor of your OS.

• In older Blender versions (2.8 area) this behavior was common when sculpting.
    You could tweak this with some parameters (I forgot). It has also a specific problem term term (also forgotten). It has to do, how a brush stroke is interpreted / handled internally.

Maybe this helps you to search the web.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. At the time it happened, I did check Task Manager, and my memory usage was only at 10%. CPU was at 23%. I verified Blender was using the Nvidia card and setup to use CUDA. I’m on Blender 3.5. I did some Google searching but didn’t come up with an answer that worked.
I’ll keep an eye out during my next sculpt and see what the issue may have been.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms