Dept of field not working?

Hello,

im guess i did the same things as the teacher did but my camera not getting blurry. i didnt understand what is wrong, can you guys help me please?

Here are my settings

1 Like

Everything looks right to me.
What happens when you render?
I tried to replicate your issue for about half an hour, but I didn’t have any luck.
I’m not sure if it’s showing the focal length in the view port, because that doesn’t look like 12mm to me.
What happens when you change the focal length while in the camera’s view?
Have you tried depth of field in a new blend file? If it doesn’t work in the new one, it’s a more global problem.
You may have to append the scene to a new blend file, if someone can’t come up with a solution.

2 Likes

I tested out depth of field and with all the settings I could see you have and it worked.
Even as different scales of the object.

Test it in a fresh file see if it works there. If so append in the chess items to it.

2 Likes

im sorry for being late, i tried it again and see that there was a problem with the 12mm as you said. I tried the same options with a different blender file and it worked. Then I added a new camera to my chess scene and it works fine now, thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your answer, I tried it with a fresh file, and now it works.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms