Delievery Driver Boosts And Bumps

This is my progress so far.

Delievery Driver Boosts And Bumps

When car goes in bushes it is hidden in there.
I have also put water. The car will move slowly after it has entered into the water like when bumping with houses and rocks.

7 Likes

:ok_hand:Nice :+1:

1 Like

Hi Crazy Gamer, nice ideas!

Did you use OnTriggerEnter2d() for the water?
Any idea how to change make the car go back to normal speed after a certain time?

1 Like

Really got a kick out of the delivery driver section of the course. My game has the delivery driver picking up Krabby Patties and delivering them to Patrick. Each patty patrick eats makes him get bigger.

I’m fooling around with timers and creating objects – each time the driver goes back to the Krusty Krab, get another patty. I originally planned to deliver bagels to customers from my kitchen, so I’d like to get back to that over the holiday break.

I’m a 30 year vet of the computer chip industry. I’ve been around 2D CAD and a gazillion languages – Verilog, VHDL, Python, C, C++ and so on and so forth over the years. This is my 1st time trying to create something “fun”. My game is pretty primitive, but I’m not trying to be a game developer – I just want to learn how these things work at a deep level. I am in awe of the software tools available to game developers. I’m looking forward to working through the rest of the course.

What I particularly like is that the lectures go into each topic with enough detail for programming newbies to make something, but not so much as to be annoying to people who already know what a bool or a float is.

4 Likes

Yes the water has the collider with trigger on.

For getting back car to normal speed I think we can use a counter variable which will decrease (with respect to time) after slowing of car. But maybe we will learn that in some future lecture.
For now you can proceed and get back to this in future. Maybe I will also do the same as this is a good idea.

Privacy & Terms