Deleted too many edges for base?

If you look at my screenshots, you’ll see I’m getting what appears to be some weird geometry or distortion. Did I delete too many edges or scale them improperly?

You can see in the side view it looks fine, but the other view is clearly a bit of a mess.

1 Like

It is a scaling problem. Due to the active properties on the moment of scaling.

Scaling direction or scaling from a wrong central point. This because of the mirroring. Probably you try to scale a half circle, so the center point is not the center of the mirror circle, but the center of the half circle.

You need to set 3D cursor and use that as a scaling center.

Central point is set perfectly and there wasn’t any mirroring used in this process. It’s almost as if I’ve only selected a partial vertice or something…

what does it ook like from the Y-axis?

I figured it out. Somehow I deleted a vertice behind the object and didn’t realize it. That inherently caused it to distort as seen.

I didn’t know how to make/join new vertices, so I just rebuilt the whole freaking thing. Probably not a bad thing. Could always use the additional practice without instruction.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms