DefaultPawn_BP Mass Incorrect

I set my Default_Pawn to have a mass of 70kg.

However, when I log out the Total Mass of the pressure plate, I come up with a different number.

Ejecting from the pawn, my mass shows as 70kg.

Here is my code:
TotalMass Code

My code works for my static box and ball, but not my pawn. Why is this?

Not sure if this would affect it, but could it be that another component on DefaultPawn has mass? if that’s the case, then they might be stacking and it’s showing more mass than it should.

Side note, kinda unrelated but it might help: I was recently rebuilding my BuildingEscape level, and i had a weird OpenDoor glitch, where the door kept spinning past the TargetYaw, then spinning the long way around back to the TargetYaw, before skipping it again. I fixed it reducing the TargetYaw, so if this is a similar situation, then you may be able to fix your problem by changing DefaultPawn’s mass to something else…

Could there also be another object in the TriggerVolume at the same time by chance?

1 Like

I just checked, and it’s not doing that to me… and all my mass values are the same… it may be some kind of glitch… try changing DefaultPawn’s mass, or try using a different TriggerVolume…

So I have no idea what caused the bug, but I reloaded everything up today, and when I went into my Default Actor Blueprint, physics simulation was off, and the weight was different, so I modified it. Now, it works. :man_shrugging:

Huh, I guess it was just a glitch then… Anyway, glad it works now!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms