Default Startup Level not working

The picklist for Minimal_Default doesn’t offer me the option of choosing Building Escape. Just the plain default level. Does it have something to do with where on my computer I saved my project?

Did you save your map?

Did you save your map, and set it in Maps and Modes to the default map when opening editor.

I got caught out in similar way when i first started and didn’t save my map.

1 Like

Save you Map to any name you want. Then in that screenshot, click ‘Editor Startup Map’ and select the map you just saved. Do the same selection for the Game Default Map for now for simplicity

1 Like

Probably dumb of me but I can’t find where to “save map.”

Couple screen shots here that show my screen doesn’t match Michael’s (our instructor). Is it critical? Is there a way I can fix mine to match?

Before TripleX and Bulls&Cows, I made a folder called “Coding Projects” …maybe that is the root of my problem? Should I have been using the folder "Unreal Projects?

Location shouldn’t matter to UE as long as that is where you created it during setup of the project.
In your original screenshot, yours likely looks different because you have expanded the Advanced Options. To get back, just above where it says “Local Multiplayer” there is a small UP arrow. Just click that to hide the server options that you don’t need right now.

To save levels, it is best to just use SAVE ALL with CTRL+SHIFT+S or go to File > Save All. You could also use Save All Levels.

2 Likes

“Save Current” saves the current map you have loaded.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms