Default program association with .cpp files

Hi all, I kinda messed up during lecture 18 that covers Hello World. In compiling TripleX.cpp I got a Windows notification that it could not open the file and I manually had to choose one, so I chose Visual Studio Code which gave me some issues. I went back and changed the default program for .cpp files to cmd.exe, and was then able to finish the lesson, executing TripleX.exe and printing Hello World to the terminal. My question is: will having set the default application to cmd.exe for .cpp files cause any issues later on? I tried to find out how to just remove the default application but it doesn’t look like that’s possible without getting more involved than I’d like to. Thanks

Interesting. Default application really should be for the user to change at will and thus be detached from the application code so it can do its thing regardless.

I would just try something like this: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-default-apps-windows-10

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms