CYOQ: Daniel's Heir

When I was preparing for text 101 section after the second lesson, I started to make the story in a large scale :sweat_smile: :joy:. However, I will try briefly share my thoughts and ideas. I might change the order of the questions asked in the video a bit.

Core Game Design:

What is my theme?
Medieval, (and maybe Futuristic). I like the medieval and I don’t like to be missed up with overloaded futuristic touch. but here maybe I will add some from that touch.

How I would want the player experience be look like?
I would like to make the player feels mysterious and adventure.

Core Mechanic:
Story directions, Quest might be completed or not depending on player choices.

Core Game Loop:
same as what @Rick_Davidson said in the course video.

“Player is shown text on what is happening in the world of the game and given 1 to 3 choices on how to progress.”

Story Hooks:

Who is the Player?
The Player might take be taking multiple turns depending on the situation. as far as now I am planning to let the player be as two characters, which are King’s heir and king’s personal guard. and I might add more in the future and post again.

Story Settings:
a castle in siege (classical right :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). but the details are important.

What is the threat:
Neighbour empire

What is the goal?
Survive and Rule strategically

and that what I have thought of, so, what do you think?

Note: I will reveal The story after completing the section.

1 Like

Great job for all the details you put a lot of work into this idea. Now all I can see is please make it because I’m interested :grin:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms