Custom "Mover" actor component has disappeared...?

I just ran into a really odd issue, my “Mover” component has disappeared from the engine completely. It’s been detached from my actor which is a static mesh, and I can’t even find it in-engine to add it back. The C++ script header and file still exist in the source directory, it’s just that Unreal doesn’t recognize that it exists.

It was working perfectly fine before, I didn’t even do anything besides restart Unreal engine to continue the lecture.

EDIT: I got it back, but I had to edit an arbitrary value in the file (changed a bool that was false to true) and recompiled, and now the engine recognizes it. Does anybody know of a better fix?

1 Like

Have you disabled Live Coding?

Live Coding is enabled. This error still occurs after every engine reload. Maybe an engine bug…?

EDIT: Sorry just to clear up any confusion there is actually no error log per-say, the component just literally disappears from the engine after reloading.

1 Like

That would be why, Live Coding is rather buggy currently; I suggest you disable it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms