Custom components not attached after engine crash

Hello! I was trying to implement the sphere sweep from the Crypt Raider project in the course " Unreal 5.0 C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games" but forgot to check if we had hit before logging the resulting hit. This resultet in the engine crashing. When I reopened the project I noticed that the mover component as well as the grabber component had been removed from the camera and the wall. I made sure I had everything saved and reproduced the crash and the same thing happened.

What can I do to prevent components from disappearing from my actors in the level in case of crashes in the future?

EDIT:

I noticed that the C++ components are actually completely gone in my content browser, which can be fixed by performing a recompile. This still doesn’t reattach them to their respective actors in the level however.

EDIT 2:

I now noticed that this actually happens everytime I relaunch Unreal Engine. Not just when it crashes.
I managed to “fix” my issue by performing a compilation before I open my level, which lets my objects have their C++ components when I load into the level. Is there a way to set up so that this automatically happens when I open the level?

1 Like

Have you tried disabling Live Coding?

Hello and thank you for the reply! After a while I figured it might have something to do with live coding and I tried recompiling inside visual studio code which solved the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms