Custom ChasePlayer BTTask

Hi Sam (Or whoever that will read this)

We’re currently doing a game project at my vocational school (Studying to become a game programmer) where we have as restrictions to not use the character class or blueprints (main gameplay have to be in c++) at all and the course “Unreal 5.0 C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games” has helped my a lot as I’m completely new to using Unreal. My main responsibility at this moment is the AI and the “Simple Shooter” with it’s Behavior tree and BTTasks has helped alot and I just wanted to show what I have made so far in :slight_smile:

As we’re not allowed to use the normal Character class or the Character movement component we have opted to using the defaultpawn class instead with the floating pawn movement component and as such there’s no gravity/physics but it does have collision.

Ignore the second lizard/demon thingy in the back as it’s not done yet. It’s supposed to be a ranged enemy and it’s movement isn’t done using LineOfSight yet.

The Custom task is using the MoveToActor and rotating the AI pawn by using it’s MovementVelocity, converting it into MovementRotationm, then setting the actors rotation to that MovementRotation as long it’s MovementVelocity is bigger than 0. (In the gif this was not implemented yet but it is now so the flicking at the end doesn’t happen anymore)

Privacy & Terms