Cursor issue (Small Bug)

Hello, this might b hard to explain but if you type now or in visual studio code, you get the typing icon/cursor, however when I type in Visual studio, I get this grey square(More specifically when I go back into a text ive already typed)

As you can see, this is kinda what it looks like, however when I take a screenshot the cursor disappears, this still gives a representation of what the issue looks like, usually when I click back in between text i get a regular behaving mouse/icon/cursor, I know this is prolly something that mostly unheard of, but any ideas?

It’s the ‘overwrite’ cursor. Look at the bottom of the window, and you will see it says ‘OVR’

This means the cursor will ‘overwrite’ text instead of ‘inserting’ it. Press the ‘insert’ key, and it will change to ‘insert’ mode. Press is again to go back to ‘overwrite’ mode.

I (and probably most people) never use the ‘overwrite’ mode

1 Like

Thank you both for helping me, when I hit the insert key everything went back to normal, thanks a lot, this issue was really bugging me.

Argh, I meant the insert key, not caps lock. I’m deleting my previous answer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms