Ctrl+Space Not Working

Hi, I’ve not been able to get the Intellisense prompts to work for me as shown in the lecture video.

I’ve tried refreshing the workspace via Tools > Refresh Visual Studio Code Project in Unreal (both before opening Visual Studio Code and after opening it), making sure I have the Unreal Engine 4 Snippets and C/C++ Extensions installed correctly, made sure the Unreal project is open when I press Ctrl+Space and double checked that I’ve imported the World.h file correctly (although I’m not just having this problem with the UWorld stuff). I’ve also tried the solutions suggested in the other topics in the Discussions tab for this lecture but none of these appear to work for me. Is there anything I’m missing?

Visual Studio Code has been a real pain to work with in regards to UE. There’s a couple of notes I have for how to get it to work, but in the end I gave up and now use Rider. But maybe these will be of use to you.

First, install the intellisense fixes: https://github.com/boocs/ue4-intellisense-fixes and the gist vsc-ext-ue4-int-fixes.md · GitHub

For a time, UE5 preview didn’t build the project files correctly, so I made these notes. This is a bash function I added to my .bashrc (I was working on a Mac at the time).

{
  /opt/private/Unreal/UE_5.0EA/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool -projectfiles -project="${PWD}/${PWD##*/}.uproject" -game -rocket -progress -engine -VSCode
}

In essence, it’s trying to build the project name from the current directory. If you’re on Windows, you’ll have to fix the paths. And you can just type in your full project path instead of the "${PWD}/${PWD##*/}

Hi Corysia, thank you for the help!

Unfortunately the UE4-Intellisense-Fixes extension didn’t do anything for me, but after what you said about fixing the paths I found this guide online (Setup Unreal Engine 4.25 with Visual Studio Code · GitHub) and followed steps 1-3 outlined in it. That managed to get it working for me! The main difference was setting the value of “C_Cpp.default.intelliSenseMode” in step 3 to “clang-x64” instead of “macos-clang-x64”.

The fix has even helped with slightly increasing Unreal’s performance. I wonder if there’s a way of creating a batch file or small applet to automate the process outlined in the guide?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms