Ctrl + Space does not give me parameters for DrawDebugLine()

Apologies if I misuse the ask section as I have not used it before.

I do not get the same results as the video. Rather, I’m met with: https://i.imgur.com/gXoHQMc.png

How can I fix this?

Do you have the C/C++ extension installed with the workspace open? It should say “(Workspace)” in the title bar.

1 Like

I have both C/C++ and Unreal Engine 4 Snippets installed.
The title bar reads “Grabber.cpp - CryptRaider (Workspace) - Visual Studio Code”

Could you try this extension?

vsc-ext-ue4-int-fixes.md · GitHub

1 Like

You know those times where something isn’t working but the moment you get someone to hover over your shoulder suddenly it’s like the problem never existed?

I downloaded the extension, re-opened the Crypt Raider project, and opened visual studio code through unreal, preparing to try out your fix before starting on courses for the day.

Despite not having installed the extension yet, I was Immediately met with various now-correctly colored syntax and the DrawDebugLine() is working as intended. I did nothing different compared to what I have been doing every single day since the start of this course. I also tested it with the extension installed and uninstalled but either way it’s working now.

I’m not superstitious, but I guess fate itself has a sense of humor and I’m the butt of the joke. Maybe something updated, maybe it merely just decided to fix itself. Either way, hilarious, and annoying, timing.

…Well I guess if someone else has this problem they can let you know if that’s the solution…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms