Ctrl-R (remesh) giving different result

Ctrl-R (remesh) giving different result than Sculpting Rocks video at 1:45. See attached. Since the procedure to remesh was so

simple, I’m clueless as to why this is an issue. Using 3.1. See attached. Thx!

1 Like

It ought to be simple I just tested it. Select Cube, go to sculpt mode, Remesh at the default 0.1 settings and it creates a denser mesh.

It looks like yours has in some way given the small indentations on it.
Is your computer ok to rune Blender, meets the min specs? Are graphics card drivers up to date?

Try a new fresh file, some glitches disappear by that.

It may be some bug but I would have thought one so basic would have been caught if general to that release. But you could next try getting plain 3 or the latest 3.12 bugfix version.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response!

I was able to get it to work.

At 1:20 in the video, Grant checks the voxel size using the Shift-R shortcut and changes it ever so slightly from 0.1000 to 0.1005. When I do that, the remesh (Ctrl-R) works just like in the video. I tested other voxel size changes, both larger and smaller and it still worked. If I leave it at 0.1000 with Shift-A, the remesh doesn’t work correctly and I get the result I attached in the original post.

I tested this in versions 2.93.5, 3.0.1, 3.1 and 3.1.2. All the same.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms