Crystal doesn't immediately get destroyed

Everything works like it’s supposed too only when the crystal reaches the ball it get’s stuck on the ball and rolls with it for a quarter of a second or more before it’s destroyed. Anyone know how I might fix this?

Do you have a long timeline? The crystal isn’t destroyed before it finish.

Yeah, I mean I set the values just like he did but it hits the ball and just rolls with it for a sec. Maybe the timeline needs to be shorter?

Could you copy/paste your timeline?

I finished crystal cavern yesterday, but I made so many changes I don’t know what is in the videos and what no. The only issue I see in your code is the input of the crystal position on the lerp. I don’t know how it was in the videos, but I think there can be a problem, because every time the timeline “update”, the input changes its value and the lerp may be affected. I would put the initial position in a vector before the timeline and then get it for the lerp. Then, that input would always have the initial position of the crystal to lerp from and to the player position.

Thanks, and yeah that was my fault. I was trying to take a shortcut, he never actually explained why he did it that way so I assumed he was just trying to show us how to create a variable. I think that thought even passed my mind once and I ignored it lol XD

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms