CRTL L not work Weight Painting? Solution.. in Blender 4 its CRTL SHIFT L

Hi, When I go into Weight Painting pressing CRTL Lmb doesent choose bones ? It just changes colour of circle to blue or orange

Had it working shortly with CRTL Lmb selection … but then I couldnt select the target bone …then started from scratch

Now its back to a Lmb selectiob (ie reversed ) and deselects with Crtl Lmb and still wont select ob Target Bone :woozy_face:

Solution … in Blender 4 its CRTL SHIFT L to select Bones in weight painting … Grants got a You Tube Vid on it .

1 Like

I think the hotkey changed since the video was recorded. Select the Armature, Shift + LMB to also select the mesh, go to Weight Paint Mode, then Alt + click to select bones.

2 Likes

Hi … New select bones in Weight Painting CRL SHiFT Lmb
At least I got to repeat the previous steps multiple times over and got them burned into my brains :woozy_face:
Grants got a vid on YT on just this I found

2 Likes

Yes, I remember now that this is the alternative that Grant mentions, but Alt + LMB also works, even in Blender 4.1. Use whichever you like more =)

Blender 4.1 also features a dropdown menu in the top center that allows you to switch bones in Weight Paint Mode. I tried it out and this works even if you only have the Mesh selected, but you will only be able to pose in Weight Paint Mode if you have both the Armature and Mesh selected as described above. While the hotkeys are faster, this might work better under specific circumstances.

2 Likes

Ok … Thanks … Ill have a go at it :+1: The Alt Lmb not working for me … Ill stick to the Ctl ,Sh, Lmb then … The Bone Drop down maybe usefull with Lots of Bones

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms