Creating New Game Mode Blueprint problems

Hopefully I’ve just made a silly mistake and someone can help me out.

I have created the pawn blueprint and have added the grabber to it.
I then went to make the game mode blueprint but my original game mode was “GameModeBase”, so I created a blueprint from GameModeBase. But then the problem was the the pawn blueprint I made was not showing up under the default pawn class, so I’m not sure what to do.

Thanks.

could you show a screenshot of both blueprints?

Yeah sure thing. Which view is best?

I realise I had never had the BuildingEscapeGameMode .cpp and .h files from the start which has caused me confusion now. I guess what I need to do now is create a Game Mode from scratch? Not really sure how to go about it.

Not sure if this is what you are after? I deleted the game mode blueprint I made earlier as it was empty

Well I was mainly looking for the thing you cut out of the screenshot lol, the parent class in the top right corner. I was expecting something like

Originally when I made the Pawn blueprint by doing the right click on object method it was inheriting from Actor, now that I’ve done it differently through some menu it is inheriting from “Pawn”. Does it need to be “Default Pawn”?

And then, do I need to do something about my Game Mode blueprint?

Yeah, I thought that might be the problem an Actor isn’t a Pawn so can’t be set as a default pawn in the game mode blueprint. Though anything based off of Pawn is valid. I believe in the lectures Ben inherits from DefaultPawn.

So I have made a new Pawn that extends from “Default Pawn” and a new game mode blue print. I’ve put the grabber on the pawn, and set the pawn and game mode defaults. But when I run it is like its just using the old defaults still. No grabber etc. My GameMode is inheriting from GameModeBase which I wonder if it is a problem.

I played around some more and got it. Thanks for the help! Much appreciated.

In your project settngs under maps and modes, did you change which the default game mode is?

Yes but I had forgot to compile the GameMode BP facepalm

All sorted now then?

Yes, thanks heaps!

Privacy & Terms