Creating a new workspace for shading editor but missing editor type window

Hi,

I am still following the course and while trying to create a smaller workspace for shading editor like Mike does, I am stuck as there are no “Editor type” window on my version.

How can I add a shading editor if there is no editor type window there?

Thanks for the replies in advance. I am looking forward to get remastered version of this course for 3.0 because it is really hard to follow some of the things Mike does :woozy_face:

1 Like

I guess that was a bug I am facing, I’ve managed to do it after reverting the file and clicking the icon which looks like a magnifying glass instead of the left upper corner editor type tab which was still not available even after reverting the file.

2 Likes

Did you mean “Viewport shading” types?

The top menu bar (containing “edit mode” etc …) can be dragged. Click and drag!

Yes,

I’ve managed to do it by clicking down left tab as can be seen below instead of usual left upper corner.

I mean this below tab should be left to the Modes selection on upper corner right?
editor type3

Thanks,

2 Likes

Something odd or glitched about your file or copy of Blender.
I am using the same version currently. To the left of the ‘Object Mode’ dropdown, there should be another dropdown menu like the one in your last image, only with the 3D window icon.

It is possible you just need to scroll that whole menu bar to the right to bring it into view.

But with those strange orange lines behind that menu bar, I suspect some glitch. Also, you lack the selection type set of icons normally right below the ‘Object Mode’ words. Though that can be disabled and enabled by right clicking the menu bar and ticking or not the ‘Show Tool Settings’ box.
Basic view see top left area.

1 Like

Yeap, right clicking to the menu bar worked :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms