"CreateWidget called with a null class."

Mr. Patuzzi at one point in this video says something like “We need to make sure there’s not a nullptr and a challenge for you would be to find out why there would be a nullptr.” Then he explains that one reason would be not setting the widget class. What would another reason be? Because I can’t seem to get around this error.

My code is pretty much identical to the lesson’s code, the class is set in the player controller blueprint and the screen is certainly there, compiled and saved.

Finally got this sorted. Just a bizarre UE4 hiccup. Everything looked like it was in order but it was it was behaving as if maybe the blueprints weren’t parented properly. Made all new blueprints based on the same c++ parents and it still didn’t work. Restarted the editor and looked in edit->project settings->maps&modes and everything there was set to “none” despite everything else in the game being set properly and functioning 99% properly. Set everything up in that menu and the editor replaced my default pawn class with that orb thing and I couldn’t get it to switch back even though it was using the right blueprint. Restarted again, everything looked fine, ran the PIE and boom. Functions now but everything has a weird blueprint name, not that it matters.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms