Crashes on open, not run

My project will not open at all and just keeps crashing. I’ve tried following the steps here, but after asking if I want to generate everything again, it crashes before finishing.

Is there any way to get the project files up to this point? I really don’t want to start again on the project.

Are you talking about the VS project (solution) or the Unreal Engine one (.uproject or something like that)?
Could you post a screenshot of the error (if any)?

The Unreal project. I can open the VS solution and it compiles with no errors, but trying to open Unreal results in a crash.

Have you tried the procedure Ben described in the course? Deleting all derived file, then issuing the “generate visual studio project files” from the Windows context menu?

I have, and no joy :frowning:

I think I’m going to start again, on the project. I’d prefer not too, but doing it all a second time should be a lot quicker and easy to follow.

Then sorry, I have no idea, maybe it’s better to start fresh (and use the version control - sourcetree - so you can recover easier in such cases :wink: ).

My thoughts exactly. I started again last night and set up a new source tree folder that I’m going to use a lot more often. Live and learn!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms