Crash on Copy/clone of AssetPack Map1 (ShooterGame instruction)

SimpleShooter: We’ve Migrated AssetPack assets into the game project as part of the course Setup. In the “Pawns vs Characters” chapter, the instructor makes a Copy of the AssetPack main map,
World’/Game/AssetPacks/ModularSciFiSeason1/StarterBundle/CollectionMaps/Map1.Map1’
so as to not modify the original. He is just copying to the Content/ root. The Engine/Editor always crashes for me when doing this step. UE 4.26.2.

Anybody else encountering this? What was your workaround? It is kind of a blocking issue…

Could you show the crash report?

LoginId:d01fc97b439c79c6611192b1f296813c
EpicAccountId:25b884d02d084e6ebd95fff2a78d8247

Assertion failed: LightMapCoordinateIndex >= 0 [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/Rendering/StaticMeshVertexBuffer.cpp] [Line: 636]

UE4Editor_Core!AssertFailedImplV() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\AssertionMacros.cpp:104]
UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::CheckVerifyFailedImpl() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\AssertionMacros.cpp:461]
UE4Editor_Engine!FStaticMeshVertexBuffer::BindLightMapVertexBuffer() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Rendering\StaticMeshVertexBuffer.cpp:636]
UE4Editor_Engine!<lambda_3f012694ca8d66c6f962d17ba234e505>::operator()() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\StaticMesh.cpp:1039]
UE4Editor_Engine!TEnqueueUniqueRenderCommandType<FStaticMeshVertexBuffers::InitModelVF'::2’::StaticMeshVertexBuffersLegacyBspInitName,<lambda_3f012694ca8d66c6f962d17ba234e505> >::DoTask() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Public\RenderingThread.h:183]
UE4Editor_Engine!TGraphTask<TEnqueueUniqueRenderCommandType<FStaticMeshVertexBuffers::InitModelVF'::2’::StaticMeshVertexBuffersLegacyBspInitName,<lambda_3f012694ca8d66c6f962d17ba234e505> > >::ExecuteTask() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:886]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:709]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:601]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp:373]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp:509]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:86]

Also, I tried fully rebuilding Map1 before retrying the Copy without that helping, then also deleting the Map1_BuiltData.uasset and rebuilding again… The MapCheck step notices some overlapping spotlights, and problems with collision setup on a number of assets, but nothing which should result in a crash on Copy AFAIK.
I submitted a crash report to Epic since we’re hitting an assert deep in their code, but I’m not familiar enough with the context to have ideas on further debugging into it.

Unless you come up with a solution, I’ll as a workaround simply go ahead and use the map in place so as not to keep course progress otherwise blocked.

Nope, I’m just as confused. You could also try copying it in File Explorer?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms