Crash, crash, crash with triggervolume pressureplate

I have tried everything I can think of. I started with v4.16 of Unreal and Visual Studio 2017. Here’s the deal: I’m on the exercise where we set up a triggervolume as a pressure plate to open the door. The only things in my scene now are a wall, the door frame , the door, and the triggervolume. Any time I touch the triggervolume, I crash. I make sure my pressure plate is set to the triggervolume, and I crash again. This went on for hours with me trimming down the code to the bare minimum and still crashing. So, I downgraded Unreal to v4.10.4… as close as I could get to Ben’s version. Then I had to downgrade visual studio to 2015. I ran into some significant problems that seem to be relates to the version of Unreal not playing nice with visual studio 2015 sp3. So, I upgraded Unreal to v4.12.5.

It still crashes, and I’m out of ideas. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Try this:

Make sure there are no instances of Unreal Editor open (even with other projects)
Open the Visual Studio solution directly
Go to Debug – Start Debugging (or just press F5) and see if the debugger shows the location of the crash
If not, try setting a breakpoint in the first line of each of your BeginPlay() functions, then F5 again and walk the code to see if you can find the spot where the crash happens

Privacy & Terms