Course Confusion

So I have quite a few courses I’ve purchased, whether it be the 3 Humble Bundle ones, or the Blender 3D art ones, and there were two courses I was interested in at this time…

The Gimp 2D course is on my list, and I was hoping to get some feedback, especially since I’m new to game development (I want to focus on 3D but I was advised to start with 2D).

The other course is the https://www.gamedev.tv/p/game-kit-3d?coupon=A525FCB2 Gamekit one. I’m curious as to what that course has compared to the Complete C# Unity Dev 3D course. I guess idk if I should buy it at this time.

Hi Valtorei,

Welcome to our community, and thank you for your questions! :slight_smile:

I want to focus on 3D but I was advised to start with 2D

Do what you feel is best for you. In my personal opinion, it’s always good to know a bit of everything so you know how to ask questions in regards to specific topics and how to find solutions. If you know the typical terms, you will very likely find a solution. Even if you plan to focus on 3D, 2D could still be interesting for you in case you want to create a few icons for your GUI or to edit images.

The game kit course could be interesting if you are not that interested in coding or if you plan to use a game kit for your own game. If you already purchased that course, I would suggest to watch a few videos to see if the content is relevant for you.

Long story short, design your own journey according to your needs and your interests. There is no right and wrong in this respect as long as you are happy with what you are doing. :slight_smile:

See also:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms