CoreMinimal.h file not found

I’m on a Mac using Xcode, and it won’t complete anything I type because there is an error on the line…

#include "CoreMinimal.h"

That says,

‘CoreMinimal.h’ file not found

What can I do?

1 Like

idk actually, maybe trying #include “EngineMinimal.h” or “Engine.h”?

I think people have posted a number of solutions regarding what is needed for includes in version 4.15 and 4.16 of unreal, so try looking through other post i guess :stuck_out_tongue: I think i’ve seeen some.

DanM is usually active on the Q&A between 9 AM and 4 PM over there in england. - but on these forums you need to tag him with the @ symbol.

its also possible it needs an additional folder to find CoreMinimal.h . but dont have unreal on hand atm/ havnt been to this course in ages. You can search through the source code libraries though in visual studio

It will still work, but you have to use compile in the editor instead of xcode. xcode is absolutely abysmal at C++ and I’m baffled they didnt integrate eclipse instead.

edit: This is feindish. It completely breaks codecomplete and the like. I’ve tried adding in the header search path to the xcode setup, but it still doesnt find it. :confused:

1 Like

In case this pops up again, once you save the .h file with the include at the top, pop back into Unreal and select:
File->Refresh Visual Studio Code Project
No more error.

19 Likes

yea man! works! thanks

1 Like

This worked for me too. Thank you.

Works great. Thanks a lot!

Thank you, it was the only thing I had work!

it works thank you

Did not work .Is there any proper solution and explanation for this error. I have tired all the solutions as posted on the forums and Q&A section , but none worked for me. I am using unreal 4.27.

1 Like

Worked for me too. Thank you a lot!

I’m also on 4.27, on a Mac and am beyond exasperated. I’ve deleted all extensions, deleted VS Code, reinstalled VS Code, added only the C++ extension and my 6 problems persist. I get one CoreMinimal.h error for the BullCowCartridge.cpp and two for BullCowCartridge.h file. Plus, I get the #include errors (presumably because I did not install fsix this time) and I get an error about not being able to open the source file “BullCowCartridge.generated.h” which isn’t surprising because I can’t find it on my computer. Moreover, I do not get the red squiggly lines for the valid errors.

I had the same issue and I’m not sure if this helps but you have to open the entire project file In VS Code in order for it to late the files for the project.
I have a Mac as well and had the same issue.
Closed VS Code down> went into project in UE4> File> Refresh Visual Studio Code Project> Opened VS Code> used the UE Intellisense fix posted in the BullCow Game Section > Command + O > BullCowGame-Starter-kit
Boom, problem solved as all files are present in the file structure of the project!
I assume that should hopefully carry over to the other projects!!

I created an account with gamedev specifically to say thank you :wink:
That problem was really doing my head in

Privacy & Terms