[Cook Failled] Cook Fail when build project

Hello and Thank you for the course, it’s awesome.

But I got a problem when i try to build the project (windows).
I got an error after 1 min, here the logs i got :

==============================================================================
Cook failed.
(see C:\Users\Florian\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\E+Jeux+Epic+Games+UE_5.3\Log.txt for full exception trace)

CommandletException: Editor terminated with exit code 1 while running Cook for D:\UnrealEngine\Projets\ToonTanks\ToonTanks.uproject; see log C:\Users\Florian\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\E+Jeux+Epic+Games+UE_5.3\Cook-2024.02.18-15.50.31.txt
   at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.FinishRunCommandlet(FileReference ProjectName, String Commandlet, DateTime StartTime, IProcessResult RunResult, String LocalLogFile, String& DestLogFile, UInt32 ErrorLevel) in D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\CommandletUtils.cs:line 472
   at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.CookCommandlet(FileReference ProjectName, String UnrealExe, String[] Maps, String[] Dirs, String InternationalizationPreset, String[] CulturesToCook, String TargetPlatform, String Parameters) in D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\CommandletUtils.cs:line 93
   at AutomationScripts.Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params) in D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CookCommand.Automation.cs:line 292Wrapped by AutomationException: Cook failed.
   at AutomationScripts.Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params) in D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CookCommand.Automation.cs:line 302
   at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params) in D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:line 235
   at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild() in D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:line 43
   at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute() in D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\BuildCommand.cs:line 345
   at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.ExecuteAsync() in D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\BuildCommand.cs:line 354
   at AutomationTool.Automation.ExecuteAsync(List`1 CommandsToExecute, Dictionary`2 Commands) in D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Automation.cs:line 265
   at AutomationTool.Automation.ProcessAsync(ParsedCommandLine AutomationToolCommandLine, StartupTraceListener StartupListener, HashSet`1 ScriptModuleAssemblies) in D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Automation.cs:line 164
==============================================================================
AutomationTool executed for 0h 1m 32s
AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)

I don’t really understand what does that mean and how i can fix it. Can someone help me to understand plz ?

I up this topic, any help ?

Sorry I missed this post.

Could you show the contents of the log it mentions?

C:\Users\Florian\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\E+Jeux+Epic+Games+UE_5.3\Cook-2024.02.18-15.50.31.txt

Dan,
Thank you for your reply, and i am sorry but, i don’t know why, the file doesnt exist on this folder … , I tried to build again this project but it doesnt show this error anymore, very strange. When i will try with another project and got the same error, or similar, i will tell you here.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms