[Consuming API(s) in unity]

Dear Instructors,

I am a beginner in Unity C# programming & I have come across a challenge where I need to :

1. Create a python file where I create an application to save the settings . For example: I create a configuration application in python creating 4 checkboxes : Whatsapp, Facebook, skype,gmail. When we execute the program, User can select any or all the 4 applications . Based on the selection a config file is created in JSON format .

(The main problem lies in following steps 2 & 3)

1. This config file is saved in my Unity project’s asset folder path. This .json file is to be read and should be parsed (or should run along with my application).

2. When I create the .apk file of our unity application (for android platform) and run it on the android phone I should be able to see the selected application from step 1.

In brief, we are creating a config file outside our unity application, this config.json file generated is saved in our projects folder and based on that I need to instantiate those icons or buttons(dynamically display applications) which the user selected in config file when the apk file is generated and executed on mobile phone.

I need to write some script to read this json file, parse it and also need to instantiate buttons based on user’s selection at runtime

Requesting you to kindly guide me to the solution of the above problem.

(NOTE: PFA the screenshot of the python application)

Please let me know if any part is confusing or if any additional information is needed:)

It seems I found the solution to my own question asked.

Privacy & Terms