Constructive critisism

Hi, I’m really enjoying the course in general, but I felt that this lecture was not that great for the following reasons.

1. Doing an introduction to if statements by using an example of nested if statements inside nested for loops is just plain confusing. It’s rather a lot to take in all at once.

2. To further compound the problem, I feel as though skipping over the fact that there will be a bug presented should be addressed first. It makes the challenge hard to do when you don’t know if the code you’re writing is “right” even if it doen’t work properly.

3. When we are set the challenges, especially in these early lectures, it is sort of implied that we have everything we need to add the few lines of code in the challenge. However, in the challenge in this lecture, we had to go and change the SubmitGuess function to create a named variable. I think that this should be done prior to setting the challenge, or explained in the challenge slide.

I’m not complaining, I just thought that it would be useful to have some feedback :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for your helpful feedback, I agree with it all.

I’m making adjustments to the video now to improve it.

Privacy & Terms