Confused and struggling with head topology

2 Likes

Hello
I’ve hit a road block in the anime girl tutorial. I may have less faces on the top of the head which always leads to this triangle which i don’t know how to solve :sweat_smile:

I just thought i would mention it incase someone would end up having the same issue

1 Like

This isn’t a triangle, it’s a quad. I don’t understand what the problem here is, just continue with the change in direction. Even if you have one less loop it should still be alright.

3 Likes

I’m new to blender so i’m learning as i’m going. quads and triangles are new jargon for me :sweat_smile: yeah it turned out i just needed to arrange a few things and turned out okay in the end :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It all starts with a single vertice.
Two vertices connected you have an edge.
With three connected vertices (3 edges) you have a face, recognizable as a triangle.
Four vertices and 4 edges you have also a face, but called a rectangle.
Five or more edges are called N-gons. They can be handy, but also dangerous in shaping things.

The most important one is the four-edged face. Better known as a quad-face.
This one is important in modeling because this one is easy to divide into smaller ones, having more vertices to play with. Useful for adding tiny details.
Why, if you split a quad-face into half, then you still have quad faces, which can easily be sub-divided again…
That is why you have an object modifier, called ‘subdivision’. Which works best on quad faces!

You will learn, have fun!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms