Confused about what to version control since start of course

So since the beginning of the course I have not been sure what needs to be source controlled as I always see way more changes in my source control staging view versus what Ben shows in the lectures. Though we added the *.VC.db
*.suo to gitignore I do always have VC.db-shm, VC.db-wal, VC.opendb all under the .vs folder under a nested level. I also have .ipch files in my view.
Do we version control all cpp/hpp changes, .ini changes and any asset changes? As we do not ignore assets under StarterContent, they all show up in my view and am not sure why or what is to be done. I remember in one of the videos we checked out SM_door asset when doing collision and so am confused as to what to commit after each video lecture when I see so many files in the view. Kindly help.

I used Github’s Unreal gitignore and added Content/StarterContent.

Note that ignoring the starter content introduces some confusion in the lecture where we change the colour of the chair, because the lecture has us change the asset in the starter content directly. I got around that by duplicating the chair into custom content.

Privacy & Terms