Complexity of Metahuman Setup

Learning how to set up Metahumans to be playable in a game is very complex. If I just watched the lesson without taking notes of every single step of the way, I would not be able to reproduce the same results on my own to get a character into the game and movable. With this complexity, I have Microsoft Word on the side and I bullet each step. Perhaps Unreal tutorials should have an accompanying step-by-step written procedure on how to do everything as well as the visual tutorial. So many of the steps involved as well as the nodes to bring up where there are errors in compilation and how to solve them should not just be given to us as the answer, but perhaps an explanation of how you knew what to do. Perhaps years of experience with Unreal will reveal why you do what you do, but for us fledglings, it is mind boggling and requires us making a manual on how to do everything. I had similar problems learning Unity. I have been studying it for 3 years now and am making a complex 3d game and after taking the Udemy Course for a whole year 2 years ago, I still have to solve myriads of complex problems with a lot of trial and error and research. I also keep a manual of steps involved to do various tasks. I have a feeling that Unreal will prove to be undauntingly the same.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms