Complete Godot 3D: Develop Your Own 3D Games Using Godot 4

Hello,

I am currently enrolled in the Complete Godot 3D: Develop Your Own 3D Games Using Godot 4. I am having a couple issues with a step in the process. I do not know how to resolve this issue.

One issue is I do not see the file folder on the right side. I am referring to the white folder symbol/icon under LandingPad.gd. (Maybe because I am using a later version??). I am new to Godot. This is my first time using it. Screenshots 120614 and 121501.

Two, after making a change to the script, my controls to the cylinder stopped functioning. Setting up the next level seems to be when the issue started. Screenshot 120350 for a reference.

I am not sure how to resolve this issue. I took some screenshots to attempt to show what is going on.

Please advise.

Thank you!!

hi,

just wondering in the script attached to the LandingPad, what do you have in there?

asking as the @export is what gives us access to show variables etc in the inspector.
if you can double check you have the following in the script, then save script and click back on the LandingPad in the scene tree. hopefullly that will then show the file variable in the inspector

@export_file("*.tscn") var file_path

when you changed the script, can i have a look at the script please.

if you could, would be helpful if you could attach screenshots of what you are seeing or experiencing as well, just to give us an idea how yours looks so we can compare to course workings.

Closing this topic as student seems to have moved on to later in the course :slight_smile:

I believe OboShape is still trying to assist.

1 Like

I will keep this unlocked in that case :slight_smile:

Hi sorry,

That’s my fault, for some reason I managed to ommit the URL for the upload form in the message I sent you yesterday.

I’ve updated it to include the URL, If you could, zip up your project folder via your OS and upload to that form and pop my name in the person it’s for field and I’ll download it.

If you could also let me know what exact version of Godot you are using, should be in the help>about in the editor and I can ensure I have the same.

Hopefully we can find out what’s happening and try and get you back on track.

Morning Toure,

Ive downloaded the project. theres a couple of things i see that we will have to add/change.

first the movement of the player, what i noticed that it was missing the rotate_right from the list of input controls. so in the editor, if we go to Project > Project settings. then in the Input Map tab, add the rotate_right input. that should get the player back moving again.

to get the file picker folder to show up in the editor, i noticed that we dont have the landingpad.gd script attached to the landing pad.
if you attach landingpad.gd to the landing pad in the scene, you should now see the folder picker in the inspector to allow you to select the next level.

one thing to be mindful off is that you have two level.tscn scenes for your first level, i got caught out when i was testing as one has the player in it and the other doesnt :wink:

in the player script, when it now tries to load up the next level when it hits the landing pad, we have to change the variable name here as we need to the following as that matches the variable name now that we declared in the landing pad.

see how that goes, but that should get the project up and running for you.
if you can give it a look and let me know how you get on.

Darren

Hi Darren,

Thank you!

I will give it a go shortly!

1 Like

Hi Darren!

Perfect! Problem solved!

I greatly appreciate your help!

1 Like

Nice one :+1:

No problem at all, glad your back on track and can carry on with the course.

:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms