Complete Blender Creator | UV Mapping | Plane Animation

I have questions about this animation:

1. Does anyone have any idea why the glass parts of the street lamps I modelled are rendered with pixelated black dots? I rendered the animation in high quality and the glass material is “basic glass” from the blender library.

2. Why is the rotation of the helicopter propeller, which I have commanded 36000 times to rotate for the animation, not proper? It rotates clockwise and anti-clockwise from time to time. I did the same as in the course video.

I would be very grateful if you can help :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t see this effect?

This question has been asked before in this section.
Quick answer: because of the rotation rate of the propeller and the video frame rate.
In each video frame (shot) your propeller isn’t rotated to your (thought to be) location (clockwise), but just a fraction before the previous frame shot. This has a name which I for get, look it up on the web. Solution match rotation to your video frame rate, or use motion blur.

2 Likes

I found it on the internet as you suggested. It is called wagon-wheel effect. When I changed the interpolation type to linear it worked. Thanks for your help! I will fix it and upload as a “show” post instead of “ask” :smiley:

1 Like

Well done, good study!
An other type of this is the moray effect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms