Compiling warning C4530

Hi everyone! progressing pretty well trough the course! Very well made!
(never coded before)

After compiling my code all of a sudden I started receiving a warning ( will paste it below), TripleX still compile and run normally anyway. I’d like just to know what happened and what is this warning about.

Also noticed that is mentioning VS community, but I’m running VS code.

HERE WHAT POPS UP:

triplex.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.30.30705\include\istream(488): warning C4530: C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are not enabled. Specify /EHsc
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.30.30705\include\istream(482): note: while compiling class template member function 'std::basic_istream<char,std::char_traits<char>> &std::basic_istream<char,std::char_traits<char>>::ignore(std::streamsize,int)'
triplex.cpp(56): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'std::basic_istream<char,std::char_traits<char>> &std::basic_istream<char,std::char_traits<char>>::ignore(std::streamsize,int)' being compiled
triplex.cpp(29): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'std::basic_istream<char,std::char_traits<char>>' being compiled
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 14.30.30705.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

/out:triplex.exe
triplex.obj

very curious to understand what’s going on!

Hi Gianbu. Welcome to the community.

It’s just a warning about an expected compiler option that it recommends - you don’t need to specify it however. If the application works then that’s fine.

VS Code is an editor. It has no compilers and the compiler you’re using is the one that comes with Visual Studio Community Edition and I see you have the latest, 2022. You can also see the linker version as 14.30 which is the compiler/linker that comes with the initial release of Visual Studio 2022.

I hope this answers your question.

Enjoy the course.

1 Like

Hi!

Thanks a lot for the clarification ! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms