Compiling a C++ project unreal engine lecture ERROR

i keep getting this error everytime i try to follow along with the tut, when i go to terminal and run build task

Using bundled DotNet SDK
Log file: C:\Users\amber\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt
ERROR: Unhandled exception: Dependency file “C:\Game Projects UE5\ObstacleAssault\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealEditor\Development\ObstacleAssault\ObstacleAssault.init.gen.cpp.json” version (“1.2”) is not supported version
The terminal process “C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat ObstacleAssaultEditor Win64 Development ‘C:\Game Projects UE5\ObstacleAssault\ObstacleAssault.uproject’ -waitmutex” terminated with exit code: 1.

Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

figured it out, Nevermind :smiley:

I have tested the following build tools which you can install via Windows Start Menu > Visual Studio Installer > Modify > Individual components

v142

v143.32 is where the problem with the 1.2 version started.

With v14.29 things just work ™; So I suggest you install that one.
v14.30 and v14.31 require you to specify the compiler version in the BuildConfiguration.xml as described in the linked thread above.

v14.30 is 14.30.30705
v14.31 is 14.31.31103

After installing an older compiler listed above you will need to do a full rebuild. To ensure that you have done that and not an incremental build please delete the Binaries and Intermediate folders before compiling.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms