Compiler errors that I can't make any sense

D:\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Unreal Training\ToonTanks\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-ToonTanks-9946.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
     Creating library D:\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Unreal Training\ToonTanks\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\ToonTanks\UE4Editor-ToonTanks-9946.suppressed.lib and object D:\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Unreal Training\ToonTanks\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\ToonTanks\UE4Editor-ToonTanks-9946.suppressed.exp
  HealthComponent.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass * __cdecl UHealthComponent::GetPrivateStaticClass(void)" (?GetPrivateStaticClass@UHealthComponent@@CAPEAVUClass@@XZ) referenced in function "public: static void * __cdecl UHealthComponent::operator new(unsigned __int64,enum EInternal,class UObject *,class FName,enum EObjectFlags)" (??2UHealthComponent@@SAPEAX_KW4EInternal@@PEAVUObject@@VFName@@W4EObjectFlags@@@Z)
  HealthComponent.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __cdecl UHealthComponent::UHealthComponent(class FVTableHelper &)" (??0UHealthComponent@@QEAA@AEAVFVTableHelper@@@Z) referenced in function "public: static class UObject * __cdecl UHealthComponent::__VTableCtorCaller(class FVTableHelper &)" (?__VTableCtorCaller@UHealthComponent@@SAPEAVUObject@@AEAVFVTableHelper@@@Z)
  HealthComponent.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __cdecl UHealthComponent::BeginPlay(void)" (?BeginPlay@UHealthComponent@@MEAAXXZ)

My compiler gives this error :frowning:

I thought I had a made a mistake so I grabbed the github code submits to make sure their is no typos.

Any idea what might be causing this?

I unfortunately in trying to fix this have now bricked my editor it now crashes every time I try to load unreal. Any suggestions on how I can try and compile without being in the editor?

I was able to force the recompile by deleting all the .dll and .pdb files I reverted my code back to the previous lecture using the github and that has unblocked me.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms