Compiler errors after adding loadNextQuestion

I got partway through the Connecting the Timer section of the Quiz Master course when I encountered compiler errors that I cannot for the life of me understand why they are happening. So far I’ve followed along as best I could and made corrections whenever necessary to match what Greg was showing in the videos. But I seem to have missed something somewhere because now I’m getting these errors on the 3 lines of code that just got added right after a challenge.

Assets\Scripts\Quiz.cs(36,18): error CS1061: ‘Timer’ does not contain a definition for ‘loadNextQuestion’ and no accessible extension method ‘loadNextQuestion’ accepting a first argument of type ‘Timer’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Scripts\Quiz.cs(39,19): error CS1061: ‘Timer’ does not contain a definition for ‘loadNextQuestion’ and no accessible extension method ‘loadNextQuestion’ accepting a first argument of type ‘Timer’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Scripts\Quiz.cs(62,15): error CS1061: ‘Timer’ does not contain a definition for ‘CancelTimer’ and no accessible extension method ‘CancelTimer’ accepting a first argument of type ‘Timer’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

The section of the Quiz script in question that provoked this:

void Update()
        {
             timerImage.fillAmount = timer.fillFraction;
             if(timer.loadNextQuestion)
             {
                 GetNextQuestion();
                 timer.loadNextQuestion = false;
             }
        }

public void OnAnswerSelected(int index)
        {
            Image buttonImage;
            if(index == question.GetCorrectAnswerIndex())
        {
            questionText.text = "Correct!";
            buttonImage = answerButtons[index].GetComponent<Image>();
            buttonImage.sprite = correctAnswerSprite;
        }
        else
        {
            correctAnswerIndex = question.GetCorrectAnswerIndex();
            string correctAnswer = question.GetAnswer(correctAnswerIndex);
            questionText.text = "Sorry, the correct answer was;\n" + correctAnswer;
            buttonImage = answerButtons[correctAnswerIndex].GetComponent<Image>();
            buttonImage.sprite = correctAnswerSprite;
        }
        SetButtonState(false);
        timer.CancelTimer();
    }

Okay so it turns out this was all user error. You know what the issue was?

I forgot to save my Timer script

It was not seeing the loadNextQuestion variable because I hadn’t technically saved and committed it yet to be compiled.

[sighs and rests head on desk]

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms